Erythroplasia of Queyrat is an early form of skin cancer found on the
The condition is most often seen in men who have not been
The main symptoms are a red rash and irritation on the tip or shaft of the penis that persists.
Exams and Tests
The health care provider will examine the penis to diagnose the condition and may perform a biopsy to make the diagnosis.
Treatment may include:
- Skin creams such as imiquimod or 5-fluorouracil. These creams are used for several weeks to months
- Anti-inflammatory (steroid) creams, if other medicines do not work
If skin creams do not work, your doctor may recommend other treatments such as:
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Laser surgery
- Freezing the cancer cells (
- Scraping away cancer cells and using electricity to kill any that remain (curettage and electrodesiccation)