Sten Kjellberg, MD
Dr. Sten Kjellberg is a General Surgery physician who will operate out of the CH Bethlehem Hospital and see patients in several clinics. He is a graduate of Albright College and completed medical school at New York Medical College. He completed a Surgical Oncology fellowship from the Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, and has worked in private practice in Phillipsburg for 18 years. Additionally, Dr. Kjellberg served in Operation Iraqi Freedom as a Trauma Surgeon with the United States Army. He says that his decision to partner with Coordinated Health is in large part because he wants to foster real connections with his patients.
“Because of its specialization and size, Coordinated Health is a really nice fit,” says Dr. Kjellberg. "I can be one-on-one with my patients, as opposed to larger health networks where patients are often just a number”
Dr. Kjellberg enjoys working on his home on renovations, as well as spending time with his four daughters. He is also a motorcycle enthusiast who is partial to Harley-Davidsons.
Conditions Commonly Treated
As Gen. surgery encompasses such a wide variety of conditions, only the most commonly treated are listed below.
- Hernias of the bellybutton, groin and abdominal wall are treated with a variety of techniques depending on their size and location. Hiatal hernias are treated laparoscopically.
- Sports hernia
- Skin cancer screening
- Treatment of pre-cancerous and cancerous skin lesions.
- Treatment of skin infections and abscesses
- Excisions including removal of moles and cysts, abnormal lumps, wound repair, etc.
- Skin biopsy
- Benign and malignant breast conditions
- Thyroid surgery for benign and malignant conditions
- Gallbladder surgery
- Abdominal pain evaluation
- Laparoscopic surgery for benign and malignant colon conditions, diverticulitis, stomal and other hernias, lymph node biopsies ,etc.
- Cancer surgery: As a surgical oncologist, Dr. Kjellberg treats skin cancer, thyroid cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and other less common cancers
- Port-A-Cath placement
- Breast surgery
- Skin surgery
- Thyroid surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Colon surgery
- Spleen surgery
- Port placement