Marcos Martinez, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon with Coordinated Health.
Dr. Martinez specializes in orthopedic sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery. He currently serves as an orthopedic physician consultant for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms and is the orthopedic team physician for the Pocono Mountain school district and Penn State University - Hazleton. He speaks fluent English and Spanish.
Dr. Martinez attended the University of Florida and graduated with high honors as a board certified Athletic Trainer. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree at Rutgers – New Jersey Medical School and was inducted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. He went on to an orthopedic surgery residency at Rutgers – Robert Wood Johnson University where he was recognized and nominated for the AOA resident leadership forum.
After his residency, Dr. Martinez completed an orthopedic sports medicine fellowship under the mentorship of Dr. Walter Lowe. During this time he was an assistant physician to the Houston Texans, Houston Rockets, Houston Astros and Houston Dynamo professional teams.
Dr. Martinez believes in high quality, evidence based interventions and strives to return his patients back to their favorite activities and life as quickly and safely as possible.
Orthopaedic Surgery Sports Medicine Fellowship
UT-Houston/Baylor College of Medicine Orthopedic Surgery, Houston, TX
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ
Doctorate of Medicine
Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
Post-baccalaureate Pre-medical Curriculum
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
Bachelor of Science
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Honors in Exercise and Sport Science
Athletic Training/Sports Medicine CAAHEP Accredited Program
- Orthopedic sports medicine
- AC joint reconstruction
- ACL, PCL, MCL, and LCL repair/reconstruction
- Arthroscopy and minimally invasive surgery
- Biceps and triceps tendon repair
- Carpal tunnel release
- Cartilage restoration
- Glenohumeral joint capsulolabral repair
- Medial and lateral epicondyle release/repair
- Meniscus tears and cartilage injuries
- Muscle strains/tears
- Non-operative fracture care
- Open reduction internal fixation
- Patellar instability surgery
- PRP injections
- Quad and patellar tendon repair
- Rotator cuff/bicep tendon repair
- Shoulder dislocations, instability and labral tears
- Shoulder separations and clavicle injuries
- Trigger finger release